Activity 1 - Flowcharts (planning) In your pairs:
- Watch one (1) of 4 dance videos (dance 1, dance 2, dance 3 and dance 4)
- Create a flowchart to break down the routine into a sequence of moves that will teach another pair your routine
- Give your flowchart to another pair
- Follow the instructions on the flowchart given to you to re-enact the dance routine
Activity 2 - Costume changes (animation) To animate sprites in Scratch, you need to sequence a series of costume changes. Refer to the How to Animation in the Tips section of Scratch Editor.
- Choose a sprite (an animal is good)
- Add a different costume
- Add blocks to make your sprite come to life
Activity 3 - Build-A-Band (sound) Add music and sounds to your project by coordinating your sprites with sounds. Refer to the Step-by-Step guide to Make Music or the How to Music in the Tips section of Scratch Editor.
- Choose a sprite (an instrument is good)
- Add a sound block
- Experiment to make your sprite make some noise
- Repeat for two different sprites
Project 2 - Dance Party Your task is to plan and create a Dance Party project in Scratch using the elements that you've now explored. Your completed Dance Party Project will include:
- a flowchart showing your planning (sequence of events)
- at least 1 animated sprite - try making a sprite of your own
- some coordinated sound and/or music effects
- Save, share and embed your project in your blog
- Add your project to the STCC Year 9 2016 studio
- Post a reflection to your blog responding to the following prompts:
- What was the hardest part of this project? How did you overcome this?
- What is something that you still want to figure out?
- How did you give credit for ideas, music or code that you've used in your project?